welcome to our website on behalf of sheriff lemma. this is a banner that when clicked will take you to the homepage
facebook will open in a new window twitter will open in a new window instagram will open in a new window youtube will open in a new window linkedin will open in a new window nextdoor will open in a new window pinterest will open in a new window

Adult Misdemeanor Probation

Frequently Asked Questions

Community Service
  • Can I pick my own community service site?
    No, community service will be assigned to an approved Probation site after the Community Service Insurance fee (CSI) is paid..

  • May I buy out my community service?
    Must be Court ordered at the time of being placed on Probation. .

  • What is community service insurance (csi)?
    CSI protects the Probationer in case there is an injury or accident at the community service site. Community service cannot be assigned until this is paid. CSI is $3.15 for every 50 hours (e.g., $6.30 for 100 hours, $9.45 for 150 hours). Fee can be paid with cashier’s check, money order (payable to BOCC), or debit/credit card with valid matching ID (in person).

  • What is the difference between alternative community service and regular community service?
    Alternative community service can only be completed at a government monitored work site such as the Environmental Services or Roads Department. Regular community service can be completed at a non-profit organization (501c3) that is approved by the Probation Division..

  • Where do I receive my assigned community service?
    Offenders who are assigned community service must report to the Probation Office location that is convenient to them, to be assigned community service by their Probation Officer.

    North Region, 805 Primera Blvd. Lake Mary, Florida 32746; or
    South Region 120 West Pineview Street Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
    Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm
    Closed weekends and holidays

    Offenders will be provided instructions and contact information for their assigned community service site.

Drug Testing
  • Can I be tested for drugs or alcohol if I am not on probation for a drug or alcohol related charge?
    Yes. Probationers are subject to a random drug and alcohol tests at any time.

  • What should I do if I am taking prescribed medications that may show up on a drug test?
    All prescription medications must be documented by your Probation Officer. Be sure to bring all prescription medications with you when you meet with your Probation Officer (please keep the medications in the prescribed bottles).

  • When will I get the results of my drug test?
    Drug tests are performed at the Probation Office and the results are immediate.

  • How can I get my vehicle immobilized?
    You may use an outside immobilization agency or you may immobilize your vehicle through the Probation Division. If you would like to immobilize your vehicle through the Probation Division, please bring the vehicle's license plate of the vehicle you were driving at the time of arrest, the registration for that vehicle, and a money order made out to the BOCC for the specified amount and we will perform the immobilization..

  • How much does immobilization cost?
    Cost is based on how many days the Judge orders.
    10 days = $100.00
    30 days = $150.00
    90 days = $250.00

  • What if I do not own a vehicle and was in a rental car or business vehicle at the time of the offense?
    The Florida State Statutes are very specific on these issues and should be discussed with your Probation Officer..

Probation Fees
  • Can I pay court fees at the Probation Office?
    No. Court fees can only be paid at the Seminole County Clerk of the Court, which is located at 101 Eslinger Way in Sanford or 376 Wilshire Blvd, Casselberry, FL 32707. They also accept payments online , the Clerk of Court accepts: cash, personal checks, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards.

  • What type of payment does probation accept?
    Probation can take payment via money order or cashier’s check made out to BOCC or a credit card, debit card. The person owning the credit or debit card must be present at the Probation Office to make a payment and must present a valid ID. We do not accept cash or personal checks. No payments are accepted on-line.

  • Other Probation Questions
    • How can I get my driver’s license back?
      All questions relating to driver’s licenses should be addressed with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor vehicles (DHMV).

    • May I have my probation transferred to another county or state?
      This needs to be discussed with your Probation Officer on a case-by-case basis.

    • What if I have documents to submit and my Probation Officer is not working?
      Documents should be brought to your appointment, or sent via email to your assigned Probation Officer’s email address, (available on this web site)..

    • What should I bring with me to intake?
      You should have all court documentation, the first month’s cost of supervision ($60.00) and community service insurance payment. Additionally, if you have completed any Court ordered classes or counseling, make sure you bring your certificate(s) of completion.

20180620 accreditation logos


Accessibility Statement

Seminole County Sheriff's Office
100 Eslinger Way
Sanford, Florida 32773
Phone: (407) 665-6650